Friday, April 2, 2010

Little man is 6 months old

Our little man is not so little these days:( it is so sad when you look back and it feels as if you have hardly taken a breath and already your children are 3 and 6months. it is so funny to me the different perspective we as parents have taken with our 2nd child. With Merci I was praising every accomplishment and preparing her for the next milestone with eagerness. But with Bennett, although I do prepare him for the next milestone by exposing and giving him ample opportunity to achieve these milestones, my fists are not up in the air pumping with exuberance, my heart is often sad to see that the time is passing just as swiftly as it did when Merci was his age. I am excited to see the man this little boy is going to become and pray everyday that my children will be a light in this dark world, but as a mother I often have to remind myself to just BREATHE! here are a few of their recent accomplishments and favorite activities

Merci:

  • Loves being outside
  • Loves Dancing, singing and role playing (we are now into the "okay mama you say this.....and then I say this.... and then we will do this.....")
  • Loves helping brother with anything and everything
  • can trace her name and sing the song we made up for it. (It has been a process to get this girl to sit down and color or work on letters, she is constantly moving around.)
  • can hit a ball with her bat 4 times out of 5 on average
  • Loves dressing up
  • Loves Cinderella, and adores the life size Cinderella doll her uncle Jay got her for Christmas
  • We are going to start a more structured Pre-school schedule so please pray as we officially start homeschooling.

Bennett:
  • has been sitting up since 5 months old
  • loves his baths, he's a total splasher and loves to kick his feet when you lay him down in the bath.
  • has his first 2 bottom teeth
  • loves to smile at EVERYONE:)
  • Loves playing with (or watching rather) other kids at church, and Loves playing with the little boy I watch on Mondays and Fridays, even when Parker's screaming because he doesn't want Bennett to mess with him.
  • Just started solid foods and loves his Avocados
  • we are still working on him taking a bottle so that mom and dad can get as few dates in.
  • Hes taking two 1hr naps and a few cat naps a day:))))
  • I thought he was a poor sleeper, but as it turns out he actually sleeps longer than his sister did, its just that she went to bed later and therefore didn't wake up till morning. I guess I just was wising he was like his sister who slept from 11-7 he sleeps from 8-4 nurses and then goes back to bed till 7.

1 comments:

Kylee said...

it is so fun to hear what each of the kids are doing! I wish I could be a little girl again and pretend..but I guess I will do that with my little Lily!! good luck with homeschooling!! What an adorable family you have!