Monday, July 26, 2010

Sew many ideas!!!

I was very fortunate to receive a sewing machine for my Birthday :) Thanks to Mike and his Family. The crafting world can be overwhelming to say the least, I am often either so overwhelmed I don't know where to start, or there is just so much i want to do I don't know which project to choose. I have to admit I love being crafty, or rather I love the process of figuring things out. so i decided to start by making dresses for Merci and my two nieces. So I bought some yellow fabric that was already shirred. I cant believe how naive I was in the fabric store, I honestly thought that I could just cut the dress to length and sew a seam down the back and girls would be off twirling in their beautiful yellow dresses. Well i am happy to say that the dresses turned out adorably, but it certainly was a learning process, by the third dress ill have to say i had so many new techniques i had learned and had PLENTY of ideas on how i could do it better the next time. all in all i enjoyed having a project. Next time i will buy fabric with a little more give though, i had Merci wear hers to the children's festival and by the time she was done running around there was a rip at the bottom of her dress :(

0 comments: